Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Music Video Finale




Hey guys! Sorry I'm posting this a little late, I just got back from a very last minute trip to the Big Island! (For secret awesome stuff!) We have came to the final ( and most fun! ) project of the year, Music Videos! Last year I did Thriller by Micheal Jackson with some friends which won 1st place.  I'll link it down below. This year I am doing Man in the Mirror by Micheal Jackson - what a coincidence - with  Meah,  Katy,  Jeanne, and Eve. Yep! Another Micheal Jackson song. 2 times in a row now. We chose this song because it has a good message - to spread kindness around the world. Also it was a song that we all know and would agree to do. I had a list of around 20 songs to choose from. So we looked at them all and highlighted some that we would like to do. Our remainders were Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen, Tear in my heart, House of gold, both by Twenty one pilots, Man in the Mirror, ABC - Jackson 5, Enter Sandman - Metallica, and Ice Ice baby by Vanilla ice.. Then at the end we chose man in the mirror because it was a song we all knew. Picking a song with a group of 5 is not an easy thing to do!


Our storyline includes kids being bullied because the song kinda talks about going through hard times and bulling is one of them. Also we have the bullies realizing their mistakes and making a change, this relates to the song because some of the lyrics are "If  you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change." Throughout the whole video everyone starts to be more kind to each other. Everyones actions and thoughts change. There's also a whole bunch of us goofing around ;P. I'm not going to say everything that's in the storyline because I don't want to spoil it for you, but there is a lot of people forming together, making new friends and having a good time with friends. Just watch it and you'll understand!

We show our best work throughout the whole music video. A lot of the skills we learned in photoshop we show in our band posters. Katy, Meah, and Eve did a great job on the posters. I only have Eve's poster on this post though! This music video shows how even a group of 5 (the biggest number of people possible for MV groups ) are able to work as a team and meet up to film outside of school. I made a lot of the shots cut to the beat for example the beggining where I'm walking and the filters change according to the beat and so do the shots. We have a lot of places where there is a loud snap or bang in the music and we have a clip of someone jumping in the water to match it. For example the part where we flipped our hair on beat. This music video shows that we can memorize a song and put emotion into our lip-syncs (which were editted on beat!)  We were all so expressive and there were so many times where we would bust out laughing! You do not know how many takes it took to do the bulling scene! Yet it's always fun to look back onto your music video and remeber the process and hard work everyone that contributed. I'm really happy with this music video, It was very fun to make and it was certainly one of our best videos of the year. It also won 3rd place for the MV awards. (Meah told me, because I was all the way in the big island on last minute notice that's also why I'm posting this so late because I didn't have my computer at the big island either and the wifi was soooo laggy!) Can't wait for next years Music video. If we even have any... (Good bye Mr. Sanderl!! You were an awesome G.T teacher and I learned a lot from you and this class! )


LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment