Saturday, October 24, 2015

Cracking the Code


Hey everyone! I'm back from Fall break which means Second Quarter has officially started, and in Mr. Sanderls class, we're learning to code! First of all I think everyone should learn to code at least the basics. Our generation is supposed to be getting more advanced and if everyone learns to code that'll be a start. You can do so many things with coding, you can create, games, websites, animation, anything virtual with code! It doesn't take geniuses to code,  it's pretty simple. You could say it's kind-off like learning a new language.

My First experience EVER with code was last year  (5th grade) on Khan Academy. 
my class would go on Khan Academy frequently, and I was searching for a new thing to do so I tried out a hour of code and it was a little confusing but I got the hang of it. I wrote every command down to remember it and practice it. But I never really went over it. Then just recently in Mr. Sanderl's class we did a mini coding game which was pretty easy to start everyone off, but instead of writing commands like I did on Khan Academy, we dragged and dropped boxes into orders.

At the very end of coding, we got to make our own game! I used all of the characters given
(Baymax, Elsa, Anna, Hiro, and Rapunzel.) My game was the player controlling elsa to tag all the characters. Whenever you got tagged by elsa you would dissapear.  It was basically a game of tag. The way I created the game was simply by placing the blocks in the work space.

2 comments: