Sunday, May 1, 2016

Animated Life Lessons




Welcome back guys! I know that its been three weeks, but we had to focus all on animating... Remember our animated GIFs? Well with that knowledge some teammates and I came together and created an animation! Whew let me tell you animation is hard! In each on of scenes our teammates character traits are showing. For instance Kyla is caring and supporting so she fixes the "problem" between me and Elijah. I'm forgiving and funny so later in our animation I say "Hey lets go play some soccer." (Which you'll understand if you watch it.) and Elijah is kind and understanding, we show that by telling him our side of the story and our point of view. Sometimes in scenes we exaggerate emotions and what peoples reactions could be, like I get mad at Elijah because he "hit" me with a soccer ball. The story exaggerates that by us getting in a mini fight and then storming off after. We exaggerate us getting along by having a fun game of soccer. Finally this animation exaggerates all of our emotions, feelings, and reactions that our characters have.

Every story has some taste of humor, here's ours. Our story isn't based around comedy and don't have any jokes or puns in it. Most of our humor comes from the visuals, because when working with puppet warp things get a little ridiculous. One time I just randomly made Elijah's' leg bend as if it were circle and it looked pretty funny. During class sometimes I catch myself messing around with puppet warp. It's just really entertaining to do ridiculous things with your characters. (And now that everyone is about done with their animating, we go around just laughing at puppet warp.) Anyways during our animation sometimes our bodies bend weirdly and its just impossible not to crack up. For Instance, in scene three I lift my arms up but it bends really funny, and one time Elijah kicks a soccer ball and It flies all funny due to shaky animation... :P but don't worry there is more to our animation than just funny visuals, there's also life lessons. Our main lesson is to imagine what it's like in their shoes, what is their point of view, how do they feel about it, I think you get the point. Sometimes we expect people to feel the same way we do about something, we wouldn't think they would have a different reaction. Yet when they do we misunderstand. Sometimes that can lead to fights and ignoring each other but then you need to forgive, forget, and move on! Another little life lesson is to always support your friends, and try to help each other up, not push them down.

Kyla and Elijah aren't complete strangers to me. In yearbook I did a commercial with Elijah, and sang with Kyla, but Mr. Sanderl said team up with people you've never worked with in G.T. so I thought why not?   I think I chose good teammates because I know them a little bit so I'm not afraid to talk to them, but their not my closest friends so we don't goof around. (Even though in yearbook I work with Mele on all my projects and we get them done...) We worked pretty good, got all of our scenes done with efficiency. Our biggest challenge was probably getting the last couple scenes in there before the deadline, but we didn't have any major problems. Another challenge was keeping photoshop organized and not messing up layers. After a while it gets kinda annoying by adding a new layer with each and every frame. Kyla, Elijah, and I had many good moments during our production time, we all had good ideas, and we all communicated well. I think our best production time was the final stretch a couple of days before the deadline, and we were all fixing, editing, and adding things to the video. Either one at a time or all at once our team would edit and add effects to our video. In the end I was glad that me and my team successfully finished our project, and we earned 1st place for the best animation! I'm proud of our animation and I hope you are to. This is Kaile, and I'll see you in two weeks!



Links!








No comments:

Post a Comment